Volunteer Opportunity: NTIA Broadband Connectivity Programs
NTIA is soliciting experts to evaluate grant proposals for three broadband connectivity programs that will be responsible for awarding $1.5 billion to further national broadband goals and assist with COVID response and recovery efforts. NTIA will conduct a merit review of applications submitted to these programs. These reviews will be conducted, in part, by teams of technical experts who will evaluate applications against the established review criteria specific to each program.
If you have expertise and experience in broadband infrastructure or broadband use and digital inclusion, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2021 with the following information:
- Residence (city and state)
- Email/phone number
- Employer(s) including states you were employed in
- Years and types of experience and positions in fields related to broadband activities
- In your email, please also let us know which NTIA programs interest you or align best with your expertise.
You can read more about this opportunity on our website. We appreciate your consideration of this valuable opportunity to make a significant contribution to the enhancement of broadband services throughout the United States.
BroadbandUSA Webinars: Series on 2021 NTIA Grant Programs
Webinar Series: 2021 NTIA Grant Programs
In April, BroadbandUSA held six webinars on the three NTIA Grant Programs, Broadband Infrastructure, Tribal Broadband Connectivity, and Connecting Minority Communities, which were authorized and funded in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021. NTIA has canceled the webinars scheduled for May and will resume the series in June. The purpose of these webinars is to assist prospective applicants in understanding the program rules and preparing high quality their applications. Please visit our website to register for the upcoming webinars or to view past webinars.
Did You Know? We Have A Resource For That
Digital Inclusion Resources
Did you know we have a Digital Inclusion Resources page on our website where you can learn about state and local digital inclusion? Our digital inclusion one-stop shop hosts information on not only state and local digital inclusion programs but also federal funding and digital inclusion resources. We hope you can use this resource in your community.
News & Updates
Federal Agency Updates
- NTIA Continues to Host the Tribal Broadband Connectivity, Broadband Infrastructure, and Connecting Minority Communities Webinars | BroadbandUSA Events
- NTIA Announces a Call for Reviewers of NTIA’s Broadband Connectivity Programs | BroadbandUSA Blog
- EDA announced its new investment priorities, which include recovery and resilience, workforce development, and technology-based economic development | EDA
- FCC Covid-19 Telehealth Program Application Portal to Open April 29 | FCC
- FCC Encourages Public to Use Its Speed Test App | FCC
- FCC Announces First Slate of Emergency Broadband Benefit Providers | FCC
- FirstNet Supports Vaccine Distribution Efforts Across the U.S. | FirstNet Press Releases
- Expressing Gratitude for Public Safety Heroes | FirstNet Blog
- FirstNet Keeps Healthcare Coalition Connected and Prepared | FirstNet Blog
- FirstNet Partnership Kicks Off Fifth Year, Brings Initial 5G Investment to FirstNet | FirstNet Blog
- USDA accepts applications for its Distance Learning and Telemedicine (DLT) program grants until June 4, 2021 | USDA
- Alabama: House Passes Bill to Expand Broadband Access in the State | Alabama Political Reporter
- Arkansas: State Poised for Broadband Gains in Post-Pandemic Nation | Northwest Arkansas Newspapers
- Illinois: Illinois, Benton Institute Work Together to Close the Digital Divide | The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Indiana: Indiana Creates Public Broadband Portal to Report Low Speeds | GovTech
- Maine: Bipartisan Plan Would Create Maine Agency to Expand Broadband, with Federal Dollars | Press Herald
- Missouri: Missouri Gaining Ground Along Broadband Superhighway, But Many More Miles to Go | MissouriNet
- New Hampshire: Broadband Expansion in Southwestern NH: a Team Effort | New Hampshire Business Review
- New Mexico: Gov. Lujan Grisham Signs Measures Advancing Broadband Connection and Development | Office of the Governor of New Mexico
- New York:
- Ohio: Governor DeWine, Lt. Governor Husted Announce Broadband Expansion Project in East Cleveland | Governor Mike DeWine
- Washington: Washington State Votes to End Restrictions on Community Broadband | Vice
- West Virginia: Bill Aimed at Improving West Virginia Broadband Nears Passage in Senate | MetroNews
- COVID-19 Response: Broadband Funding for Tribes, Tribal Colleges and Universities, the Bureau of Indian Affairs, the Bureau of Indian Education, and the Indian Health Service | Congressional Research Service
NTIA's BroadbandUSA program promotes innovation and economic growth by supporting efforts to expand broadband connectivity and digital inclusion across America. In this role, BroadbandUSA serves state and local government, industry and non-profits that want to expand broadband infrastructure and promote digital inclusion.
Follow us online:
To be added or removed from the BroadbandUSA mailing list, please contact email@example.com