The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) has worked with the Census Bureau to gather and analyze federal data to identify the “covered populations” defined by the Digital Equity Act. The Digital Equity Act Population Viewer enables users to locate and understand where these populations are concentrated, at both the state and local levels. In this webinar, we will demo the latest version of this tool, explain its applicability to the Digital Equity Act programs, and share experiences from users who are using these estimates to help understand needs in their communities.
- The Digital Equity Act Population Viewer and the ACCESS BROADBAND Dashboard that have been created in partnership with the Census Bureau and NTIA are available here
- Purdue Center for Regional Development’s News Post “Digital Distress: What is it?”
- Purdue Center for Regional Development 2021 Digital Divide Index
- Purdue Center for Regional Development’s Indiana Digital Equity & Covered Populations Hotspots Visualization
- Urban Institute Spatial Equity Data Tool
- Urban Institute Spatial Equity Data Tool Technical Appendix/Methodology